Allison Watkins, County Extension Agent – Horticulture
Horticulture Information and Publications
- Controlling Khakiweed
- Establishing Turfgrass
- IPM Intro
- Harvesting and Handling Vegetables
- Take-All Root Rot of Lawns
- Chinch Bug Control
- Controlling White Grubs in the Lawn
- Water Wise Checklist for Turf in Summer
- Recommended Fruits & Nut Varieties for Tom Green
- Recommended Landscape Plants
- Recommended Vegetable Varieties
- West Texas Pecan Management
- Controlling Pecan Pests
- Urban Vegetable Gardening guide
- How to Make a Rain Barrel
- Collecting and Storing Wildflower Seeds
- Collecting Vegetable Seeds
- Strawberry Growing Guide
- Vegetable Planting Chart – by month
At Texas A&M AgriLife Extension, we are excited about the growing interest in home horticulture among Tom Green County residents!
To encourage local interest in environmental stewardship and home gardening, we offer a wide spectrum of literature and practical resources, host workshops and event throughout the Concho Valley area, and coordinate with the Concho Valley Master Gardener volunteer program.
Tom Green County’s Horticulture program holds free or low-cost seminars on gardening, landscaping and food preservation topics at various time throughout the year. These seminars help the public get more productivity and joy from their gardens, troubleshoot problems and develop environmentally sensitive gardening techniques.
Tom Green Horticulture works closely offering programs, workshops and seminars with the Master Gardeners, the People-Plant Connection, local schools and the City of San Angelo as well as Garden Clubs and other entities wanting in-depth horticultural programs.